My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I often reflect on life and realize how precious the gifts that we are given are. Thanksgiving is upon us and there are so many reasons to be thankful this year.

I am thankful for all of the people that are in my life. Whether it is a 5 minute conversation with someone new to me or catching up with a friend or family member, I cherish each moment.
I am thankful that my family is healthy. I am thankful that Sarah (married in August) completed her last scheduled round of chemo on Tuesday. I am thankful that my old co-worker Mitch is in remission after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last winter. I am thankful that my Aunt Vicki is healthy enough to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family. I am thankful that my little family is growing (we are having a baby in March). I am thankful for my warm house and the ability to buy food. I am thankful for each little laugh that I hear or smile that I see from Ethan and Noah. I am thankful for the progress that Noah has made in the last year. I am thankful that Ethan knows exactly how to answer all of the questions during the children's portion of church. I am thankful for being trusted to document people's lives. I am thankful for every solider that is protecting our country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Thankful for you! You have such a way with words and moments and images. I am thankful that our paths crossed and that you will be a lasting part of our lives! I am very happy for your family. When I read this blog entry, it gave me goosebumps. The kind that you get when something really touches you. Thanks you for being you and for being such an amazing person to know!
We love you,
Jenn (and Steve) Reillo :)