My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Family

Last night the Raivala family decided to have a little fun so I set up lighting , a backdrop and figured out how to use myself timer on the camera. That took me like 5 minutes because I couldn't remember how to do it. You can ask me about aperture settings, dragging the shutter and lots of other things that I know how to do with my camera, but the self timer was a challenge.

Anyways, we had a blast taking the pictures. Jon was the focal point so he pretty much sat in the same place while the kids and I moved around. After each image the kids and I ran back to the camera to see how the picture looked and then we would race back to Jon for another picture.


I was still trying to figure out the self timer when this image was taken. Hence, the absence of me.


Ethan wanted to do something scary. Noah on the other hand, was not thrilled with the idea. Do you like my peace signs? I couldn't bring myself to do full on scary. It just isn't me.

Yup, this is a typical night at the Raivala household. We flip the kids around all of the time. It will be a sad day when they are too big to do it.

I think it is really funny how Jon and I are looking at the camera in every image. Both of us watched the little red light and then suprised the kids with differnt our moves.


Another true to life image. We love cuddling too.


Ethan and Noah want to do another photo shoot tonight. I don't know what has gotten into them. Usually they run away from the camera when they see me take it out.

No comments: