My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Grand Marais

On Monday the Raivala family headed up north for a quick visit to Grand Marais. It was our first family vacation this year so all of us were really excited about it. I have quite a bit of emails and calls to return from my 4 days away so I need to keep this short so that I can respond back to everyone.


With two little boys we decided that it would be best to make a few pit stops along the way. One of them was in Two Harbors were the boys found some ducks to feed. It was their first time feeding ducks so they thought it was pretty cool how the ducks raced to get the bread. There was a lot of giggling going on.

Jon decided to see if he could hand feed the ducks. Sure enough, one of them went for it.
We also stopped in Lutsen to take the Gondola ride up the mountain. The leaves on the trees were so beautiful. I just love to see all of the bright colors and deep contrast between them. I could stare at them all day long. The kids on the other hand, didn't want too. :)
I was able to entertain Ethan long enough to enjoy the sunset and large waves on Lake Superior. He thought that it was cool to see waves splash on the rocks which bought me some time to sit back and relax.
It was a great trip. I am all ready daydreaming about going back next year.

1 comment:

Katerina said...

I love the picture of Jon feeding the ducks!