My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Recent Portraits

Hi everybody! I know that it has been a few weeks since I last posted...my apologies. I have had quite a few shoots over the last 2 weeks so I have been busy processing the images and creating slideshows. Oh, I love slideshows. They are one of my favorite things to create for clients.

A few weeks ago and I was invited to hang out with the Moen family. I was really excited to meet Dawn because her and I had been exchanging emails for a few weeks so by the time I actually met her face-to-face, I felt like I already knew her.


Her daughter (Mal) was so much fun to play with. She kept showing me the flowers that she picked and she even gave me some to wear in my hair. Yup, she shared with me...I felt really special.



Mal's brother (Anders) was a hoot. He showed me how to throw rocks, play with his big red car, go down the slide, how he likes to clean things with wet wipes and he showed me how me mows the yard. He is one busy boy!

Here is the entire family. I love how Mal is leaning on her dad. And check out Anders' Elvis impression. How cute is that?!


I love this one of the kids. Anders was having fun being swung by his parents and Mal is patiently waiting her turn.



I also got to meet the Becker family. This was a world wind experience. Can you believe that there are 10 children?! I thought that I was busy with 2 kids- I was wrong.

It is a big deal when all of them can get together so I was really honored to have been there to photograph them. I asked the kids to line up by oldest to youngest for this pose, with mom leading the pack for this pose. They joked about how they usually have to dive in front of each other to fit into the picture so I thought it would be nice to do something a little bit different. Plus, they were dressed up for the occasion. I didn't want them to get dirty by diving onto the grass.

All of the kids were laughing and joking the whole time. It was great! I am not sure where the guys went on their walk, but here is an image of them joking with each other on the way back.

The ladies looking all pretty-pretty.

And the gentlemen looking proud with their mom.


I love meeting new families and getting to spend time with them. It is always a wonderful experience to see how people express their love for each other.

Moen and Becker Families- Thank you for sharing a piece of your life with me.

No comments: