My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jessica and Peter

I first met Jessica and Peter over a year ago so I was totally jazzed for their wedding last weekend. I actually woke up at 3am and got frustrated with the thunderstorm that was going on. I didn't want anything to ruin their day. Luckily, the thunderstorm past and the sun came out. That gave us an opportunity to go outside and play...I mean take their portraits.

I cannot remember who came up with this idea, but when you put Peter and I together, we get a little creative. Somehow, we came up with the idea of making a sign that said, "Need Money, Getting Married, God Bless" He then stood on the street corner holding the sign. He made $3! Can you believe that?! All of the vehicles that were stopped at the light cracked up when they saw the sign and I guess that they couldn't resist helping Peter out.

The girls were just as fun to photograph as the guys. They were up for anything. Here are some of Jessica's portraits. Can you say, "Oh la la"?!

Jessica and Peter were married at Hennepin Avenue United Methodist. It was my first time being at this church and I totally fell in love with it. It is so beautiful. It was perfect place for this couple to get married at.




After the ceremony, we cruised over to Lorring Park.


The final destination.... the reception at Zuhrah Shrine Center. Jessica and Peter met at Karaoke so it was only natural that they had the same Karaoke DJ play at their wedding. Erikaraoke rocked the place the entire night.

They also had a photo booth, which was a huge hit!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

AMAZING PICTURES!! It was an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE working with you!