My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Great Mississippi River

While driving to Monticello last week I noticed some beautiful birds hovering around the Mississippi River. I believe that they are swans, but I am not 100% sure (If there is an avid bird lover out there please let me know if I am wrong).

Later in the day I returned to the same location that I originally saw the swans at. This time I was wearing my Canon 5d, my 70-200mm lens and of course; a pair of boots. My mission, to carefully walk down towards the river without scaring the swans. I was partially successful at my mission.

As I walked down to the river the swans started to swim away from me and some of them actually took flight. I was able to capture a few images before they were out of sight. Here are the images:





I hope to be able to go to the same spot another time this winter at sunrise. I think that the lighting would be phenomenal then.

No comments: