My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Arizona- Part 2

I finally took a few minutes to process a few of the images that I took during my Arizona adventure a few weeks ago.

One thing that caught my eye while I was visiting Arizona is how different all of the churches look compared to the churches we have in Minnesota. The image below is from a church that was located in downtown Phoenix. I adore the roof and how there are multiple crosses upon it.

Since arriving back home, I have been look at the churches in my area more closely. All of them only have 1 cross being proudly displayed. I just thought that was interesting.
On my last day in Arizona I asked the hotel driver to bring me to a desert area because I had never seen one in person before. About 20 minutes later we came upon these 3 rocks. They were a beautiful shade of red and were surrounded by plant life that I wasn't familiar with so I grabbed my camera and attempted to climb up the rock on the right.

Had I known that I was going to be climbing a rock, I wouldn't have worn flip flops that day. The flip flops along with a 7 month pregnant belly wasn't a good combination. Let's just say that I finally gave into the idea of being pregnant and had to stop climbing. For those of you who have seen me within the last few months know that I haven't let my belly stop me from doing much so this was big moment for me.

All of my bags are now unpacked and my flip flops have been put away. Even though the weather was beautiful while I was in Arizona, I have to admit that my heart was still in Minnesota almost the whole time I was away.


No comments: