My photo
Otsego, Minnesota, United States
This is the place to view recent images that I photographed and to learn a few things about me. All images are copyrighted by Katie Raivala Photography.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

8th Wedding Anniversary

Eight years ago today Jon and I were married. It seems like a lifetime ago. Probably because we figured out a few weeks ago that we have known each other for almost half of our lives.

We actually met in High School while we worked at Hardees. He came in for an interview and was told that he could have a free pop so he approached me while I was working the counter and asked for a root beer-no ice. I wasn't about to give him a free pop because I didn't want to get in trouble so he went and grabbed the Manager that he interviewed with and she gave me the ok.

It is funny how things work out. If I hadn't worked at Hardees, I wouldn't have met him. Who knew that fast food could be so good?!


Our ceremony was held at Central Lutheran Church in Elk River and our reception was at Silver Springs Golf Course in the Monticello area. This is by far my favorite picture from the whole night. I love Jon's facial expression!
Jon- Thanks for 8 wonderful years of marriage plus 6 years and 15 days of dating. There are hardly any memories of my life that don't include you. I cannot wait to see what other memories are made over the next 75 years. I love you!
For all of my clients out there who are wondering....'Did Katie bring a camera to her own wedding?' The answer is, YES. I only used a black point and shoot camera and I had it around my neck for most of the evening until my Mom begged me to take it off. I got some great candid shots of my guests with it though.

No comments: